Friday, February 10, 2012

What is the difference between Dominican spanish and Latin American spanish?

I am going to the Dominican with my family, and I thought it would be helpful that I know a bit of Latin American spanish...but apparently the spanish there is different from what I know. Do you think I will understand some of what is said? Are the general sayings the same? like Hola..Como estas..aguas..buenos noches? Or should I pick up a 'Dominican Spanish' dictionary|||Diferent dialects, diferent pronunciation, some words could mean something different, a ton of slang words, maded up words only understandable for a native dominican, diferent entonation and stress, you will see that, the spanish in the classroom isnt the same in the streets of domenican republic. the basic ''introducing yourself, greetings, saying goodbye'' stuff is the same of course, but the rest of the normal or daily conversation is diferent.|||Its not much deference but it has.


Exemplo:


Some words are the same but different meaning.


The accent it is different


Their pronunciation is different too





But I think you'll understand


You just have to know some spanish...|||See "Dominican Spanish" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_S鈥?/a>|||Dominican Spanish is a part of the Latin American Spanish dialects, and there are many, an argentinian doesn麓t speak like a mexican or a colombian even when they can all understand each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment