Friday, February 10, 2012

What does the Spanish word miha mean?

I believe that is the right spelling.


It was said in the movie Selena (with Jennifer Lopez) and in Princess Protection Program (with Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato). Both times it was said by a mother to a daughter. I'm sure it's in many others but that's just two I could think of right off.


I've went to many Spanish translation sites but it doesn't recognize it for some reason and I can't find it in a Spanish-English dictionary.


Could anyone tell me what it means?|||Its a contraction for "mi hija" that means my daughter. But have another meaning that is widely used. On informal conversations you refers to any woman as "mija" as a substitute of the name of the person. Instead of say the name or Lady or madam you say "Mija......."|||mija is the right spelling it usualy is said by mothers to the daughters just to say hey Daughter lol so they say mija but daughter actually means hija so mija is like a different way to say it and you can say it to nieces, daughters and people like that same thing goes for boys except it would be mijo instead of mija|||It is spelled mija it is said by mothers to their daughters or on occasions by father to their daughters which is my daughter it is something like mi hija put together


mi hija


my daughter


mija


Also it is used by men towards their women partners or between lovers as to say my babe my girl|||its spelled "mija" and is a short version of "mi hija" used for


a term of endearment like saying :" sweetie, honey, etc"|||Mija = Mi (My) daughter (hija)





It is a very informal way to say My daughter and it is just used by some hispanic countries.|||It is a contraction of "mi" and "hija". Mi=my. Hija=daughter. It is like if english speaking people would say "mdoter"|||It is m'ija, which is short version of mi hija, which means - my daughter, or daughter. It's like saying kiddo in english.|||GO TO:


http://www.freetranslation.com/


FOR ALL YOUR TRANSLATION NEEDS

No comments:

Post a Comment