Thursday, February 9, 2012

How different is Spanish from Tex-Mex?

I am learning Spanish at work from guys who speak what they call Tex-Mex and from a Spanish dictionary. How long before I can speak to others and understand them. Will I be able to commuicate in deep south Mexico. I learn more each day. I can cuss blue streak and know when they ask if I have something and about 300 to 400 words so far in 3 weeks. But I do not undertand them most of the time and only a few understand me all the time? Any thoughts. All teaching me are one generation from Mexico. I already know Spain's Spanish and theirs is somewhat different in many cases.|||Yep, the main difference between the different versions of Spanish is vocabulary. A few words and phrases are different, some minor pronunciation things and pronoun usage, but other than that you'll be fine. The dialects are mutually intelligible.|||wait umm you already know Spanish from spain and youre tyring to learn tex mex? i dont know that thats productive. tex mex is an degrdation of mexican spanish. speak with first generation mexicans. i mean the ones from mexico, they speak real spanish, and then you'll know for sure.|||If you can speak Castilian Spanish then you should be able to speak Mexican Spanish and Tex-Mex with absolutely ZERO problems. Its the same language except for a few different phrases and words.





It would be like learning American English, British English, and Australian English.

No comments:

Post a Comment