Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Any opinions on best Spanish-English Dictionary?

I'm re-teaching myself Spanish and need to get a dictionary.

I already have verb drill books, flash cards, and the 501 folly conjugated verbs book.Any opinions on best Spanish-English Dictionary?
The New

Oxford Spanish Dictionary



excellent quality



275,000 words and 450,000 translations

has spanish and latin american equivalents.

Includes recently accepted words

100 pages of apendixes

1829 pages in total



I always have two handy for contrasting answers, but this is the best one...



I also keep a copy of the Spanish

Diccionario de la Lengua Espa帽ola de la Real Academia

for confirming a translated word I'm not too sure of),

and for english a copy of

Websters Collegiate Dictionary

and one of the

Cambridge International Dictionary of English
Dear Meg,

Dustin is right but if you look in foreign countries like Dubai and believe me, you will be surprised of what you find there

Report Abuse

Any opinions on best Spanish-English Dictionary?
I'm a Spanish teacher and studied Spanish for 10 years (actually, I never really stopped studying...It kind of goes on forever!). Anyway, I absolutely love my Vox New College Spanish %26amp; English Dictionary. It was recommended to me by my college professor and I have always found it to be extremely informative. Vox carries several different sizes, depending on your needs. (I also have the pocket dictionary...It is also great!)Any opinions on best Spanish-English Dictionary?
TRUST ME!

All spanish and english dictionaries are always bad translated

doesn't matter how good quality they have.Your only hope is to get a friend or someone that talks spanish to help you.............

No comments:

Post a Comment