Friday, January 27, 2012

Does anyone have a suggestion for Conversational Spanish/English Dictionary?

I'm going to Costa Rica and despite being told English is spoken, I was told I should get a good English/Spanish Conversational Phrase dictionary. I don't want just words but basic phrases translated and also I understand they don't speak traditional Spanish. I'm looking for things like Can I have the bill, How do I get to..., I have a reservation, etc.Does anyone have a suggestion for Conversational Spanish/English Dictionary?
http://www.diccionarios.com

Requieres you to be susbscribe (free subscription)...
The Lonely Planet Latin American Phrasebook is pretty good (Amazon link below). If you find a more recent edition than the one in the link, I'd get the newer one. In addition, I suggest you also take a regular Spanish dictionary, preferably one that emphasizes Latin American Spanish.



In addition to Amazon, you can find these (or order them) in the foreign language section of any decent-sized bookstore. A chain store such as Borders or Barnes %26amp; Noble will have a pretty good selection, especially if you live in an area with large numbers of Spanish-speaking people.



I say "Latin American" because that will include the "regionalisms" that pertain to specific regions and countries. That's good insurance against accidentally saying something that's naughty in local slang, but that's more of an issue in Mexico than in Costa Rica. Have a good trip and hope that helps!Does anyone have a suggestion for Conversational Spanish/English Dictionary?
Go to Barnes and NobleDoes anyone have a suggestion for Conversational Spanish/English Dictionary?
Yes...I got it at Sam's Club. Instant Immersion Spanish. I actually have the workbook in front of me, it also came with CD's and a dictionary/phrase book. Here's the website listed on the cover of the book.



www.topics-ent.com



Have fun.
i always go here for spanish assignments. really good too. just type the word or scentence and it will give the exact translation you need, word for word, punctuation to punctuation. Also offers translation in other languages.



http://translation2.paralink.com/



it's free by the way and no subscription.
Honestly, I don't have a good recommendation for a good phrasebook. They are hard to come by. I do, however, know of a good online dictionary of Costa Rican words. It's pretty comprehensive.



http://www.ruralcostarica.com/costa-rica鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment